Timings are in British Summer Time.
2021 and beyond – Strengthening and implementation of the 3Ds in the context of the pandemic
Current economic and geopolitical context: How it is impacting commodities
- Post-pandemic global recession or expansion: What to expect?
- US/China situation: Are we in a non-trade, trade war with China? Has the recent US president change modified the dynamic?
- Asian Pacific Trade Agreement: What are the new forces at play?
- Brokerage, tariffs, policies: What’s changed since Brexit?
- Russia’s export quotas: What impact on grains’ and other commodities’ dealers?
Commodity trading strategic challenges
- How are the global trends influencing strategic decisions?
- Decarbonisation: What are the large scale projects trading companies are engaging in? What are the mid-term and long-term objectives?
- Digitalisation: How do you achieve such a deep transformation from the top to the bottom?
- Decentralisation: Is the pandemic pushing you to change your routes and think more local where possible?
ROLF PETERS, CEO, AGMOTION
A look at the commodity markets latest developments – What you need to know from a risk management perspective
- How the market structure has changed in recent years
- Trends on the financial side
- Liquid markets vs emerging/not-so-liquid markets
- Identifying and managing the associated risks
- The example of cocoa and packaging markets
- Where are we heading?
DAVID MODOL-FLIX, COMMODITY RISK MANAGEMENT EXPERT
The Biden – maybe Harris era: What should we expect?
ŁUKASZ BIELAK, Head of Financial and Market Risk, KGHM
- Climate change impact assessment
- ESG criteria: what they man for every department
- Risk management place in the company
- Business Continuity Plan key learnings
- Work organisation changes and impact on risk management
- Digitalisation of the business
- How technology can help regain trust from the banks and combat fraud?
- The new funding providers profile and the impact on the offer and features
- Are there new ways of funding?
- Recession or expansion?
- US change of administration
- China’s relationship with the Pacific region
The state of trade finance in the commodities markets – The outlook for 2021 and beyond
- With large banks exiting the trade finance space, who are the remaining players? Are we expecting new waves of exits? Is trade finance really at risk?
- Who are the new providers of funding? What role can private equities and hedge funds in general play? What it means for the risk managers in terms of checks
- Does the new trade finance landscape favour the big players?
- What these developments mean for the cost and flexibility of trade finance
MODERATOR: SENIOR REPRESENTATIVE, TRADE FINANCE GLOBAL
DR SADAR ABDULRASHEED, Head of Risk, AL-GHURAIR
CRAIG MACDOUGALL, Chief Risk Officer, KIMURA CAPITAL
CANAN TULUM, Head of Treasury & Trade Finance, PETROINEOS TRADING
How to regain the trust (of the banks)?
- Fighting fraud; What is currently being done? A look at what is asked of the fund-seeking companies
- Role of the central banks: Are they helping the cause?
- What role can technology play in putting all parties at ease and reducing the fraud risk?
- Innovation in trade finance
KIM BENNI, Global Head of Risk and Trading Technologies, ALVEAN (CARGILL & COPERSUCAR JV)
Pandemic silver lining: What we’ve learnt from the crisis
The pandemic has been a real life stress test for companies and their processes. There were struggles, of course, but there were positive outcomes too. In this session, panellists will discuss lessons learnt around:
Work organisation and remote collaboration
- Risk assessment
- Business Continuity Plan deployment and efficiency
- Technology shortfalls
NICOLAS JOUGLARD, Head of Financial Risk Management, CONSTELLIUM
IRFANA MALIK, Group Risk Officer, KLESCH GROUP
SYLVAIN BETTINELLI, Chief Risk Officer, NIBULON
Preparing for future (and similar?) crisis
SCOTT WELLCOME, Risk Manager, GOODMILLS GROUP
FEDERICA STRUMIA-MICHELINI, Head of Risk and Control, NESTE
ABHISHEK JAIN, CRO, ETG