Timings are in British Summer Time.
This session is designed for CROs and global/group heads of risk, in the commodity trading sector, keen on grasping the essential changes the industry is facing, and finding out ways to better fulfil their role of driving forward and safeguarding the business.
STRATEGIC REVIEW OF COVID-19 – ROLE OF RISK LEADERS IN RE-ORGANISING TRADING COMPANIES BASED ON THE PANDEMIC EXPERIENCE
Part 1 – THE PANDEMIC
- What pandemic-induced changes and innovations are worth keeping in terms of work organisation/digital working? Finding the balance between expenses and development
- Key learning in terms of business continuity planning and stress testing
Part 2 – DIGITALISATION
- Challenges and opportunities of digitalisation: What it means of your company? How to coordinate action and make it happen truly
- Investment: Whether you develop systems and applications in-house or with outside input, what sort of budget you’re looking at? What are the innovative tools at hand to improve workflow transparency while limiting costs
- Automation, AI, integration: What does digitalisation mean for you? What are the short-term, mid-term and long-term goals for you and your IT teams?
- Talent management: Should you prioritise data scientists’ hires? How do you make yourself attractive to these new profiles?
Part 3 – DECARBONISATION
- Challenges and opportunities of decarbonisation: Developing the long-term roadmap for your company
- Climate change risk: How do you integrate this into your day-to-day risk assessments?
- What sort of opportunities is climate change bringing? Can it help repositioning your company?
- Sharing your transition journey: How to avoid the ‘greenwashing’ label?
BENJAMIN BAPTISTE, Head of Risk Management & Advanced Analytics, ROQUETTE CH
JAGDISH PARIHAR, INDEPENDENT RISK ADVISOR
During that time you’ll be able to:
- Meet with industry peers and communicate with them
- Browse the virtual exhibition hall