Timings are in British Summer Time.
Digitalisation in commodities – Trends and implementation priorities
Data and decarbonisation transition – Assessing the company’s carbon footprint through data
- What are the needs in terms of ESG criteria and carbon footprint?
- What are the difficulties in collecting these new data?
Alternative data – What is it and how to make best use of it?
- What are the sources of alternative data? What edge can it bring to your business?
- Assessing quality of alternative data – What level of reliability can you reach? For what cost?
- How do you combine alternative data and traditional data?
- Making alternative data accessible to the user
CETIN KARAKUS, Global Head of Quantitative and Analytical Solutions, BP
KEVIN KINDALL, Senior Data Scientist, HARTREE PARTNERS
AI and data – Real-life examples of application in commodities
In this part the audience will split into groups to discuss various aspects of digitalisation in commodities, including:
- Data analytics trends
- Cost of data vs monetising data
- Data infrastructure best practices
- How do you get started with AI?
- Skillset and resources
- Intelligent automation: The best first stepping stone?
- CTRM upgrading top tips
- Improving user experience
- Innovation in CTRMs
‘Don’t bother implementing data lake’…
… if you’re not ready
BARRY GOULD, CTO, CONCORD RESOURCES LIMITED
What are the CTRMs evolving into?
- What are the pandemic-induced trends in 2021 going into 2022?
- Accessibility, speed, customisability, scalability, cost: What is your priority?
- Standardisation of protocols and interoperability: Where are we?
- Ecosystems-based approach: Is this the most efficient implementation strategy?
- Is the user experience sacrificed over plethora of features? How do you get buy-in within your company?
Our remote implementation story – Take aways
In this case study a trading company will share the lessons learnt during their most recent CTRM implementation process: The things that work for them, aspects they wish they had thought about sooner, etc. so that you can step into your next system implementation or system improvement project with some external feedback alongside your own experience
MODERATOR: GARY VASEY, Partner & Managing Director, COMTECH ADVISORY
SONIA GHOSH, ETRM Specialist & Digital Ambassador, VARO ENERGY
Standardisation of data – A status report
- Where are the standardisation projects of LEAP around demurrage, letter of indemnity for payment, or KYC?
- What stops commodity sector to come up with workable standards?
- How can we unlock this value?
Blockchain in commodities – Is now the time?
- How can we solve the financing and governance conundrum around large-scale blockchain-based projects?
- Learning from the past’ mistakes
- A look at the most exciting projects in that space currently
KIM BENNI, Global Head of Risk and Trading Technologies, ALVEAN (CARGILL & COPERSUCAR JV)