Covantis Launches Transformational Blockchain Platform for Global Commodities Trade
Watch our webinar to find out more about Reddit-onomics impact on commodity trading including *Market structures and potential failings *Current trends in markets: democratisation, virtualisation, speed *Focus on silver *Role of social media as a source of information, and reliability of information *Perception of hedge funds *Speed and strength of the narrative
Richard Everett, COO of Trayport recently caught up with us to give his views on the major trends influencing energy markets – covering topics as diverse as Algos, Japan, digitalisation – and how Trayport will continue supporting the industry through this evolution
Recorded live at Energy Trading Week, our speakers explore the ever-changing world, including:
* Mar – June of this year have seen COVID-19 related stock market moves both up and down that are unprecedented – how have traders responded?
* With the impacts of the global crisis ongoing, how have traders weathered the storm, and what has changed for daily trading?
* How has this Black Swan event changed the trading workplace, and will remote working become the new normal for traders?
* The Decarbonisation, Deglobalisation and Digitalisation: Are these pre-COVID-19 trends still ranking high in the priority ladder?
* How could the new models of the workplace drive retail PPAs and a more consumer centric focus?
* What are the impacts on the momentum of the climate change discussion?
MODERATOR: PETER STYLES, Executive Vice Chair, Board, EFET
HARRY HUANG, Head of Trading, PETROCHINA
RICHARD EVERETT, Chief Operating Officer, TRAYPORT
We recently caught up with Aitana Conca, previously Global Head of Middle Desk and Contract Management for Cargill’s Ocean Transportation Division in Geneva, and now Director -EMEA for Chinsay.
Priyanka Kishore, Head of India and South East Asia – Macro and Investor Services at Oxford Economics, shares with us her views on how China and the Asian countries are recovering from the pandemic, and the impact of the new US administration on the relationship between China and the US.
In this paper, our partners ZE explore the changes 2021 will bring to carbon markets including the impacts of new emissions trading systems, task forces and the new US administration.
In this interview Cetin Karakus, Global Head of Quantitative and Analytical Solutions at BP, addresses the trends in data management and analytics, as well what he sees as important investments to stay on top of your data strategy.
We caught up with Sonia Ghosh, ETRM Specialist & Digital Ambassador at VARO Energy who shared their lessons learnt from the pandemic, her thoughts on CTRM landscape developments and innovation.