Timings are in British Summer Time.
What does transformation look like for the transportation and logistics sector today?
The regulatory landscape: IMO’s update
- IMO 2020 in 2021: What’s the feedback?
- The ‘Just In Time’ initiative
- The new Global Industry Alliance (GIA) to support transitioning shipping and its related industries towards a low carbon future
The regulatory landscape: IATA’s update
- Facts and figures for 2020
- IATA’s three targets and four pillars to reduce emissions
- The impact of taxation
MICHAEL SCHNEIDER, Assistant Director Aviation Environment, IATA
Supply chain management of the future: Views of the logistics and operations professionals
- The pandemic: What is the long-term impact for transportation industry? How do you adapt as a company?
- Decarbonisation: How the transportation sector is transforming, one vessel or one cargo at the time, and how trading houses accompany (and even initiate) these changes
- Digitalisation: What does a digitised supply chain look like? A look at the most advanced projects
The freight market is evolving: What impact for trading houses?
In this part the audience will split into groups to discuss various aspects of digitalisation in commodities, including:
- The immediate measures you can take as a logistics manager to reduce environmental impact
- Long-term projects around alternative fuels
- Supporting development of green products and labels
- Regulatory framework changes
- The logistics managers of the future: What will they look like?
- How to integrate climate change in your supply chain management
- Pandemic impact: Lessons learnt from the induced disruptions
- AI use in supply chain management
- A look at the blockchain projects
- Automation of routine tasks: First step towards a digital and optimised environment?
- The critical planning step: Challenges for trading houses and ways of overcoming them
Improving information exchange between counterparties: A look at the new projects industry-wide
Digitising the supply chain – What it looks like in practice
New way of working in the supply chain: Planning at the heart of the system
AUTOMATION AND DIGITALISATION TO OPTIMISE YOUR OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS WORKFLOW
- What are the repetitive tasks that can be easily automated (reporting, KYC checks, etc.)?
- What’s the preparation work that needs to take place for automation to be effective? What are the necessary changes to your data infrastructure?
- Achieving logistics and trading systems’ integration
- What are the next steps? The huge potential of intelligent automation
ABHISHEK JAIN, CRO, ETG
Energy transition goals: The short-term and longer-term solutions for the transportation industry
- At carrier level: Special paint, lights; what equipment can reduce the carbon footprint?
- Route optimisation to reduce emissions
- The promising solar wing development
- Extraordinary development of the hydrogen technology: When can we expect hydrogen-powered vessels as a norm?
Certification and traceability – Key steps for ethical and green products
- Supporting the development of ethical and green products: What certifications do you go for? For what purpose?
- How do you ensure you have eyes on every steps of the transportation and storage phases?
- What are the risk mitigation tools at hand to avoid quality issues and cargo rejection, sometimes litigation
Decarbonising the supply chain – From theory to reality