THE GLOBAL COMMODITY TRADE FINANCE LANDSCAPE HAS NEVER BEEN MORE INTERESTING AND DYNAMIC.
THE JOINT GLOBAL MEGATRENDS OF SUSTAINABILITY AND DIGITALISATION HAVE ALREADY BEGAN TO TRANSFORM LONG ESTABLISHED PRACTISES AND APPROACHES – AND THIS CHANGE HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN.
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
We’re currently developing the agenda for the next event, but please find below all the information from the 2022 edition and check back soon for updates!
• What is fueling the commodity supercycle… and how long can it last?
• Inflation, labour shortages, supply chain chaos - what does ‘post pandemic’ look like and how long will its effects be felt?
• Impact of the arrival of the traditional and national exporters, importers into the trading world.
• Have we seen the peak of industry disruption, or are just getting started?
• Common traits of winners and losers of the last 2 years - key learnings
• Development of 'green' commodity markets: drivers, perspectives
• The role to play for the commodity industry to support the emergence of low carbon markets
• Environmental / carbon neutral claims: standardisation, verification, transparency for credible claims
• Life cycle carbon footprint calculation, reporting: complexity, good/best practices, industry standards
• Sustainability, supercycles, digitalisation - Impact of key industry megatrends on CTF
• What are the key investment and project execution challenges while transitioning to a net zero world and how can we mitigate?
• Buckle your seatbelts? The short, medium and long term impacts of the supercycle on financing
• Decades worth of innovation in years - is digitisation in trade finance the great equaliser?
• Which markets and commodities demonstrate the greatest potential returns in the years ahead?
• An overview of notable CTF FinTech on the market today
• Evolution or revolution? What is truly most important to the traders and financiers?
• Addressing the challenge of digital islands - how can interoperability be enhanced between trade finance tech providers?
• Does blockchain have a role? What is its potential?
• Where can these new technologies help resolve the liquidity challenge for SMEs?
• How have events in Ukraine impacted the global market for commodity trade finance?
• Should investors & lenders fear the ‘structured LC’ or are they an important part of the mix, if done ‘correctly’?
• Is traditional financing still feasible for SMEs? What alternative finance mechanisms/ routes are available?
• What is the winning formula? What do trading companies need to do to have the greatest chance of securing finance on favourable terms?
• The growing importance of investment funds
• The evolving role of insurance in commodity trade finance
• What are the carrots, and what are the sticks that traders can expect from the financial sector in the years ahead?
• Integrating ESG into banking frameworks - realistic rates of change
• What are the key drivers of change in the financial landscape?
• Emerging products and structures to meet sustainability goals
• Is the current commodity supercycle green?
• Evolution not revolution? Adapting traditional trade mechanisms whilst driving change
• Demonstrating best practice in climate transparency and calculation of carbon footprints
• A look into sustainability linked loans - what is available and what products/structures are likely to emerge?
• What are the opportunities of climate finance in emerging markets?
• Why has the pandemic been an enabler to increased fraud and risk?
• Cyber defence - what does the CTF community need to know and do?
• Lessons learned from recent high profile cases
• Where can new technologies play a role in mitigating these risks?
Global Customer Solutions & Insurance and Bank Relations
Sustainability Manager EMEAI
Carshalton Commodities Ltd
President & CEO
BroadPeak Partners Inc.
Executive Chairman | CEO
EMEA Head of Commodities and Energy Trade
Chief Product Officer
Managing Director - Head of Energy & Commodities
Lloyds Banking Group
Director- Alternate Distribution & Sustainable Trade Finance
HSBC BANK PLC HGHQ
Trade Finance Global
Global Head of HSEC
EMEA Trade Sales Lead for Industrials & CRH | Payments
VP & Global Head - Structured Trade Finance
Co-Founder – Director
Climate Neutral Commodity
Head of EMEA Distribution & Sustainability - Structured Trade Finance
Head: Power& Renewables
Regional Business Development Manager - Americas
London Metal Exchange
Head of Research
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Plexus Cotton Ltd
GOLD MEDIA PARTNER