THE COMMODITY TRADING ENVIRONMENT HAS BEEN UNDERGOING DEEP CHANGES WITH DEVELOPMENT OF NEW TRADING TECHNOLOGIES AND THE RISE OF NEW CONSUMING HABITS, LEADING TO CHANGED BUSINESS MODELS.
We’re currently developing the agenda for the next event, but please find below all the information from the 2022 edition and check back soon for updates!
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
• What is fueling the commodity supercycle… and how long can it last?
• Inflation, labour shortages, supply chain chaos - what does ‘post pandemic’ look like and how long will its effects be felt?
• Impact of the arrival of the traditional and national exporters, importers into the trading world.
• Have we seen the peak of industry disruption, or are just getting started?
• Common traits of winners and losers of the last 2 years - key learnings
• Development of 'green' commodity markets: drivers, perspectives
• The role to play for the commodity industry to support the emergence of low carbon markets
• Environmental / carbon neutral claims: standardisation, verification, transparency for credible claims
• Life cycle carbon footprint calculation, reporting: complexity, good/best practices, industry standards
• “Data is the new oxygen”: Do you truly have a data driven trading strategy?
• Build or buy? A review of the AI and ML predictive analytics tools in price forecasting – what’s out there and what developments can we expect in the year ahead?
• How does adopting predictive analytics, AI and ML tools help you:
- Identify the opportunity ahead of your competitors?
- Improve your margins?
• What considerations are needed before embarking on an AI journey? Considering the below elements:
• An overview of the global carbon markets of greatest interest, how to access and their outlooks
• Development of global methane offset markets; implications for agri-traders
• Hydrogen markets - what will the opportunities be?
• What are the secondary trading opportunities developing from the transition? Examining the markets for rare earth battery metals, silica and other crucial drivers of the transition
• With the increased use of Algo trading, is technical analysis still relevant?
• Is liquidity too low in commodity markets for technical analysis to be efficient? Does it work enough so that it MUST be used?
• Top technical analysts comment on your markets – The panellists want your suggestions
• There will be a growth in “Outsiders” trading commodity markets, who are primarily treating commodities purely as a financial asset
• This will be driven by trends in inflation and asset correlations
• This will change the structure of the market. Some of those changes can be predicted.
Head of Research
Head of Technical Analysis & Senior Markets Analyst
ADM Investor Services International Ltd.
Division Director Predictive Layer
President & CEO
BroadPeak Partners Inc.
BETA Financial Limited
Strategy & Business Development
London Metal Exchange
Head of Commodities
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co. Ltd London Branch
VP Data & Analytics
Technical Analyst & Private Investor
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Plexus Cotton Ltd
Sustainability Manager EMEAI
Chief Investment Officer
Chief Technical Analyst
VP & Global Head - Structured Trade Finance
Head of Trading and Risk Management
The Monarch Partnership
Co-Founder – Director
Climate Neutral Commodity
Systematic futures trader and author